Activities with GNSI (Guild of Natural Science Illustrators)—Carolinas Chapter
- Secretary 2013 – 2017
- President April 2017 – Present
- Submitted a painting titled Tundra Swans at Mattamuskeet Lake for the "Feather Your Nest Exhibit" at the Manteo Aquarium and then at Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium (February 1 – July 31, 2018).
- Submission of digital files of some of my artwork images to the GNSI – Carolinas database for future reference.
- January 28, 2018: Attended a program presentation by Ray Owen, who is the liaison between Campbell House Galleries and the Pinus Palustris Festival in Southern Pines, about the Longleaf Pine exhibit in 2019 and our upcoming participation in this.
- Also participated in the hands-on "Pan Pastels" program presentation by local member Marj Hopkins.
- March 25, 2018: Second Members Meeting; Monoprinting with Leaves and Grasses by Susan Fecho. 22 members present
1.September, 2018: Gold Leaf with Emma Skurnick as our presenter; specific date TBA.
2. October 5 – 7, 2018: Fall Retreat on Roanoke Island, NC; Linda Koffenberger will present.
3. November, 2018: Holiday Pot Luck, Materials Swap, and Art Share.
- January 18 – April 30, 2017: Participated in the Process Revealed Art Exhibit at NC Museum of Life and Science in Durham with my painting of Red Powder Puff Shrub painting and process pieces.
- January 19, 2017: Participated in program presentation on "Depicting Birds' Nests in Watercolor" presented by Kathy Schermer-Gramm.
- May 7, 2017: Participated in "Diversity of Pollinators" program presented by Chris Liloia, Habitat Gardens Curator at NCBG
- Process Revealed Art Exhibit at Museum of Life and Science in Durham.
- Attendance and participation in the National GNSI Conference in Asheville, NC from June 25 – July 1, 2017; Housing Coordinator for this event
- August 27, 2017: Participation in the "Collaborative Mural Painting Project" with Jennifer Landin, Presenter, begun at the Asheville Conference at a GNSI Program Meeting
- September 20, 2017: Participation in a Sketch-Out at a member's house in Raleigh.
- October 7 – 8, 2017: Participation in the Fall Workshop at NC State; "Silk Painting Suncatchers" with Mary Ellen Carsley.
- October 25, 2017: Participation in a Pumpkin Carving (in lieu of a sketch-out) at a member's house in Chapel Hill. The pumpkins were delivered to the NCBG for their fundraising event for UNC Children's Hospital.
- November 12, 2017: Toured the Orange County Art Studio Tour and attended a Potluck Supper afterwards at a member's house.
- Participated in "Emma's Studio Tour Art Exhibit" at Carol Woods Retirement Community
- May 14 – 15, 2016: Participated in Carbon Dust Workshop with Marlene Hill Donnelly
- June 20 – September 30, 2016: 3 paintings exhibited at Sea Turtle Odyssey Art Exhibit at Pine Knoll Shores, NC.
- September 11, 2016: Participated in "Eyes Alive" hands-on program of instruction on drawing animal eyes presented by Emma Skurnick at GNSI chapter meeting
- October 21 – 23, 2016 October Retreat and Workshop No Fear Sketching en Plein Aire with Margret Mueller.
- "Seed, Flower, Fruit: NC Botanicals"; May – June, 2015; NC Botanical Garden in Chapel Hill, NC
- September – October, 2015; Jessee's Café in Carrboro; Emma's Open Studio artists
exhibit their paintings
- Town and Country Charity Auction, Durham, NC; November, 2015; Print of Quartet painting
donated and sold
- Art exhibit at Jesse's Café, Carrboro, by Emma's Open Studio: Four paintings in this exhibit: The Seasons of American Pokeweed; Clary Sage; Clary Sage (smaller painting, same subject); American Wisteria
2013 and 2014 Events
- "The Art of Science"; Museum of Life and Science in Durham; Spring, 2014; GNSI Group Exhibit
- "The Deep"; April – September, 2015; NC Aquarium at Roanoke Island and NC Aquarium
at Pine Knoll Shores; GNSI Group Exhibit
- "Outdoors in NC"; July, 2014; Carrboro Century Center; Solo Art Exhibit
- "Senior Invitational Golf Charity Event", Galloway Ridge at Fearrington, June 1, 2013;
- "Community Art Exhibit", Carrboro Arts Center, Carrboro, NC, Nov 1-Dec 20, 2013
- "Meadowmont Village Festival", Meadowmont Village Center, Nov 16, 2013; greeting cards exhibited
- "Carolina Moonlight Gala", NCBG, May 18, 2013; painting donated
- "Nature up Close" Museum of Natural Science Nature Art Gallery, Raleigh, NC,
Juried GNSI show, Dec 6, 2013-Jan 19, 2014
- "Wild Wings over NC", NC Aquarium on Roanoke Island, Oct-Dec, 2013
- "Wild Wings over NC", NC Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores, Jan-March 2014
- "Plant This, Not That" Invasive Plants, NCBG, Feb-May 2012
- "United by Art Exhibit", Triangle Bridge Club, Durham NC, February, 2012-Present
- "Botanicals and Beyond", NCBG, August 1-29, 2012
- "Local Color" NCBG, July 2-August 28, 2013
- "Patterns in Nature", Guild of Natural Science Illustrators Juried show, NCBG, May 1-June 30, 2013
- "Mountains to the Sea" Pine Knoll Shores May 13-June 30, 2012
- "Up Close and Botanical" NC Botanical Garden, Chapel Hill, NC, August 30-October 28, 2009
- "An Eye on Nature" NCBG July 1-August 29. 2010
- "On the Trail of Nature" Westpoint in the Eno River August 28-October 28, 2010
Home | Gallery | Art Store | Cards | Events